11 July 2009

Crazy!!!!



I've always loved to sew!! Ever since I was little. I used to watch my mom sew my clothes and costumes, etc and I couldn't wait until I was old enough to do it myself. Well, I started at about 14 and when I went away to college I took with me my very first quilt that I made. It was a beauty!!!! Made of several different plaid flannels all put together in 12 x 12 squares.....well, I still have that quilt and it actually needs to be repaired. But, I have been thinking about quilting more and more lately, and after seeing what my good friend Jessica has been doing I finally got re-inspired!!! So, I joined a quilt along on flickr and we are going to be doing a Zig Zag quilt!!! I'm super excited and I just bought most of my fabric on ebay tonight. Once I receive the fabric I will decide which pieces to use and then I will have to figure out how I will piece my blocks together. I'm very excited to start sewing again and I can't wait to show you all what I'm doing step by step.

I haven't decided which ones I will and won't use, but this is what's coming....I have to run to Nancy's Quilt Shop to pick up the rest, but I can't wait to see how this quilt turns out!


For now, here is a peek at some of my fabrics!!!!


0 What do you think?:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...