12 August 2011

Commission pieces in progress and completed....

This week has been very busy! I finished the commission piece for a wedding and I think it turned out just beautiful! Sorry for the lousy picture, I had two eleven year old boys standing on chairs struggling to hold it high enough. My husband insisted in full sunlight would be better.....you can see which pictures are better because those are on this blog. *sigh* Anyway, it's done...just in time. The wedding in the 19th of this month.


In the center my mother in law hand quilted the temple where they will be getting married with their names and the date. I think it turned out great! I had her hand quilt it in black thread to tie in the black throughout the quilt. All in all, I'm pretty pleased with this quilt.


Now with that quilt done and out of the way, I am able to complete another piece that someone asked me to make. My really good friend went to Cornell and wanted me to make a T-Shirt quilt with her old t-shirts and sweatshirts. When I realized that her shirts were all different sizes and shapes I had to really think about how I was going to put it together. I couldn't just make them all the same size and do it that way, every shirt had a different size front on it. So, I cut out every section that had words and went to town framing them with sashing. Red of course, to go with the "Big Red" mascot. I have finished it today and tomorrow will begin the quilting process....right after I buy the backing fabric. What do you think?


There are a few random shirts that had nothing to do with Cornell, but I think this turned out pretty cool! Now I just have to come up with the pattern for the quilting....and should I use red or natural thread? I need to think about this one.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...