27 November 2011

I Love Memory Quilts

It has been kind of crazy and busy around our house this past week. I had a quilt brought to me that was made by a customer for her mother in law. This quilt was made from the shirts of her deceased father in law. I think this is an awesome way to remember someone special that has passed on. I think this pattern is really stunning and with all the different fabrics. I was honored to quilt this for her and she choose a wave pattern because he lived by the ocean and always swam. Love this pattern....check it out.


Isn't this quilt awesome?!! Don't you just love the waves?


Next up was a quilt I made, with the help of my fabulous bee sisters! Wonky stars!! I added a green border around it and quilted it with some simple large flowers. I didn't want to do anything too distracting from the stars! I love the white and it makes it so simple and clean. This quilt, originally, was supposed to be a gift for someone, but I really want to keep it for myself.
 

 Here is a sneak peek of the quilting up close. I haven't bound it yet because I am not sure which fabric I want for the binding. I may have to go shopping for some......for the back, I used a vintage sheet I bought at Savers. I know that sheets aren't really the norm for quilts, but it just seemed to fit!


What did you make today?

2 comments:

  1. I love the memory quilt! Fabulous job on the quilting there!! : ) And the wonky stars are great... if I remember right, I think I've seen this one in person? : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous memory quilt....what a wonderful way to keep memories fresh. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...