28 February 2011

doll quilt finished!


here it is! my dqs10 ready to be sent out.  i finished it last night because A..it needed to be done and B...i have to take my sewing machine in for service and it will be in for about 7-10 days.  i don't know what i'm going to do with it gone that long. i am going to try and cope. in the mean time....enjoy these up close and personal photos of the mini quilt. tell me what you think.


the mini quilts i made to hang on the line. these were so much fun to make and not that hard.


i put multiple colors for the leaves because fall is my favorite time of the year and i love the colors it brings.


the little house on the hill.  i think i would love to live here...so quiet and peaceful...sounds so serine.


you can see the grass i quilted in for affect.  i think it makes the picture come to life by adding these little details.


grass growing on the hill...because we all know how hard it is to mow a steep hill....i do for sure...in another city we lived in.


i'm super proud of this quilty...it started from a drawing and now it is complete.  i was going to add a flag pole on the house, but my partner's flag was too hard to make this size, so i skipped it.  what do you think?

5 comments:

  1. I am so in LOOOOOVE with this! Great job~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a really great job on this - your partner is very lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. You are so amazing Nichol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I'd have to say, I think the mini quilts on a line are my favorite, and so creative!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...